I graduated from the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of the VSB-Technical University of Ostrava in 1995 and I hold a doctorate degree in Telecommunications from the same faculty (FEECS). I received my Ph.D. in 2002 and the thesis dealt with “Voice traffic optimization with regard to speech quality in the network with VoIP technology” and I passed habilitation process in 2009.
I was appointed Full Professor in 2017 in Electronics and Communication technologies. Since 2013, I have led Dept. of Telecommunications in a position of department chair at Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and since 2017 I have been serving also in a position of department chair of Big Data Analysis Lab in IT4Innovations National Supercomputing Centre.
Reputation at ResearchGate (2018)
I have started my research at the end of 1990’s in the field of real-time applications’ traffic modelling, at this time fundamentals of Voice over IP were created and modified. My deep gratitude belongs to CESNET enabling me a research in the IP telephony domain. I have devoted many efforts to the improvement of non-intrusive speech quality evaluation methods, Quality of Service (QoS), Quality of Experience (QoE) and security of real-time applications in networks. I focused my intent on wireless communication, Internet of things, energy harvesting, network security and big data analytics in networks, everything is related to the research projects in which I participate/participated. Generally, my professional interest focuses on communication technology and related issues, I am a founder od LIPTEL research group and a leader of expert group Telecommunications and Multimedia in Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science in Ostrava.
Brief evaluation of my results in words of scientometry:
- overall list of my results /* “Work, finish, publish.” – Michael Faraday
- List of my articles in journals in the Web of Science
- about 400 indexed results of research in the Czech national db RIV,
- over 280 indexed results in Elsevier SCOPUS , Author ID: 8244119500
- over 200 indexed results in Web of Science
- RG SCORE > 32 in Research Gate,
- List of SCIE/ESCI results published in journal covered in WoS,
- ORCID 0000-0001-5135-7980 and ResearcherID: E-6448-2016
- RIV (vedidk: 8051283), the complete list of results
- Curriculum Vitae in PDF: English 2018 , Česky 2018
AEEE – scientific journal of our faculty
brief information about our open access journal AEEE (Advances in Electrical and Electronic Engineering)
- coverage by SCOPUS since 2011 and indexed in WoS since 2016
- AEEE is issued by our Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science in Ostrava
My short bio
Miroslav VOZNAK received the PhD. degree in telecommunications from the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, VSB-Technical University of Ostrava and completed his habilitation in 2002 and 2009, respectively. He was appointed Full Professor in 2017 in Electronics and Communication technologies. He is an IEEE senior member and he has served as a member of editorial boards for several journals, such as the Journal of Communications or Advances in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. His research interests focus generally on information and communications technology, particularly on the quality of service and experience, network security, wireless networks and also on big data analytics.
My old-version of homepage is still available but not updated.